|TRAVELING IN 2011? PLEASE CONTACT US!
This recently restored apartment is located near the Tre Archi bridge
in the authentic Venetian district of Cannaregio. Located
on the northwest side of Venice, this neighborhood is home to local
Venetians and reflects a characteristic Italian atmosphere.
Located on the first floor of a completely restored ancient palazzo,
Barchesse sleeps a maximum of four people and has a small private
courtyard. Here guests can rest and enjoy an “al fresco” meal
after a busy day of sightseeing in this most remarkable city.
Large groups up to 10 people can be accommodated in Barchesse and the Tre
Archi apartment (4 + 2) which is located in another historic
palazzo just on the other side of the garden. In the past
this group of houses used to be called “Barchesse” (wings) of a Palazzo
of the XVI° Century.
The independent entrance of the apartment is in front of the large
sidewalk of the canal. A forged iron gate leads to a small
courtyard belonging to this apartment. The courtyard is furnished with
table and chairs and is exclusively for the guests of Barchesse .
The apartment measures 50 sq meters in size and is located on the
ground floor. The living room is comfortably furnished with one
sofa (it can be converted into a sofa bed for 2 extra guests),
armchairs and TV. The windows of the living room face the garden
of the Tre Archi apartment. This garden is for guests of the Tre
Archi apartment unless the two apartments are rented together by the
The dining area consists of a table for 4 people. The kitchen
area is equipped with a small fridge, oven, toaster, kettle and gas
range stove. There is one twin bedroom with two single beds and windows
facing the courtyard. The beds can be put together if
desired. The bathroom contains a bathtub and handheld shower
Amenities included with the rental are central heating, washing
machine, and an iron and ironing board. A cell phone is available
for guest rental but the pre-paid card is not included in the
price. Extra maid service and extra change of linen are available
for an additional fee. The apartment is provided with fans.
The Barchesse apartment is located a few meters from the Fondamenta di
Cannaregio, the large sidewalk on the main canal in this part of the
city. It is very well connected with San Marco Square and other main
points of interest in Venice by ferry. The ferry stop (called Tre
Archi) is located just on the other side of the canal.
Delicious restaurants, bars, food shops, pharmacies and a post office
are all within a 5-minute walk from the apartment. We can highly
recommend the “Trattoria Marisa”, on the Fondamenta of Cannaregio, just
next to the apartment. It also has delicious meals also to carry
The Santa Lucia train station can be reached within a 10-minute walk or
by ferry in 10 munutes. This line connects guests with the
Piazzale Roma. From the Venice Marco Polo Airport there is a
connection by ferry to Fondamenta Nove to reach the Barchesse
apartment. Other points of interest in the area include San
Marco, Accademia, and Chiesa della Salute (all only a 15-20 minute walk
Rental prices 2010
One season all year round
CHECK-IN MAY BE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
EUROS € 850
EUROS € 695
EUROS € 570
EUROS € 425
One month or more
Upon request - please inquire
Plus US$ 35
Maximum two children under 15 years of age allowed (babies under 1 year
Pets are not permitted at Barchesse
Not to be missed in Cannaregio:
Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth o dei Carmelitani Scalzi
(Barefoot Carmelites) -
This church was built in 1660 from a design by Baldassarre Longhena.
The grandiose façade was created by Giuseppe Sardi. After an Austrian
bomb exploded on 27 October 1915, the frescoed vault by Tiepolo
collapsed. Today, only a few fragments remain in the Galleries of the
Accademia di Belle Arti. In 1934 the ceiling was replaced, and it was
adorned with a fresco by Ettore Tito. The first chapel of the
right-hand nave has a vault frescoed by G.B.Tiepolo.
Square and Church of San Geremia -
The church houses the relics of Saint Lucy
Palazzo Labia -
This palace was built at the end of the seventeenth century by the
Labias, a family of rich Catalan merchants. The inside is decorated
with frescoes by Tiepolo. It is now headquarters of the Italian State
Church of San Giobbe (1450-70) -
This church has a Renaissance portal by Pietro Lombardo. Inside it is
decorated with the works of Tuscan artists such as Luca della Robbia.
Jewish Ghetto -
The term 'ghetto' derives from the foundries that were found in the
area in which the metal was 'gettato' or smelted. In 1509 it
became the part of the city that was reserved for the Jews. They built
their 'schole' or synagogues here. the first one was the Schola Tedesca
(German Synagogue), which was built in 1528. It was followed by
the Schola Canton and the Schola Italiana. The Schola Spagnola was
rebuilt by Baldassarre Longhena. The German synagogue houses the
museum of Jewish art and contains many fine religious exhibits.
Ca' d'Oro - This house was built by Marino Contarini in 1441,
who used the best stonemasons of his time. It is considered the most
striking example of Venetian Gothic. It has a façade with polychrome
marble molding and certain elements were overlaid with gold, which was
why it was called the ca' d'Oro. The palace at one point became the
property of Baron Giorgio Franchetti who donated it to the State in
1916 and is now a museum, with works by Mantegna, paintings of Tuscan
school and a beautiful collection of Renaissance bronzes.
Oratorio dei Crociferi -
This is a treasure trove of works by Palma il Giovane depicting the
history of the religious order of the Crociferi, which was founded in
the thirteenth century and suppressed in the seventeenth century.
Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli -
Built around 1482 from a design by Pietro Lombardo.