|This recently restored apartment is located near the San Giobbe bridge
in the authentic Venetian district of Cannaregio. Located
on the northwest side of Venice, this neighborhood is home to local
Venetians and reflects a characteristic Italian atmosphere.
Located on the ground floor of a completely restored ancient palazzo,
San Giobbe sleeps a maximum of six people and has a lovely private
terrace. Here guests can rest and enjoy an “al fresco” meal after
a busy day of sightseeing in this most remarkable city.
The San Giobbe apartment is part of a gated property and the entrance is
through the garden belonging to the entire palazzo community. On the
same property there are other apartments sharing the main entrance and
a part of the communal garden. In the past this group of houses used to
be called the “Barchesse” (wings) of the 16th century
The apartment (75 square meters) is located on the ground floor and has
a private terrace with table and chairs.
The living room is comfortably furnished with two sofas (one can be
converted into a sofa bed for 1 adult or 2 children), arm chairs and
television. There is a dining corner with a table for 4-6 people.
The kitchen area is fully equipped with a small fridge, oven,
dishwasher, toaster, kettle and gas range stove.
There are two bedrooms: One twin bedded room with two single beds and
windows facing the garden. The beds can be put together if required,
but we suggest leaving them as singles since the room is not very
large. The other bedroom is a double bedroom (a queen bed or two
twin beds) also with windows facing the garden. There are two
bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bathtub and handheld shower
The apartment is equipped with central heating, a washing
machine, and an iron and ironing board. A cell phone is available
for guest rental but the pre-paid card is not included in the
price. Extra maid service and extra change of linen are available
for an additional fee. The apartment has been provided with fans.
San Giobbe apartment is located a few meters from the Fondamenta di
Cannaregio, the large sidewalk on the main canal in this part of the
city. It is very well connected with San Marco Square and other main
points of interest in Venice by ferry. The ferry stop (called San Giobbe) is located just on the other side of the canal.
Delicious restaurants, bars, food shops, pharmacies and a post office
are all within a 5-minute walk from the apartment. We can highly
recommend the “Trattoria Marisa”, on the Fondamenta of Cannaregio, just
next to the San Giobbe apartment. It also has delicious meals to
The Santa Lucia train station can be reached within a 10-minute walk or
by ferry in 10 minutes. This line connects guests with the
Piazzale Roma. From the Venice Marco Polo Airport there is a
connection by ferry to Fondamenta Nove to reach the San Giobbe
apartment. Other points of interest in the area include San
Marco, Accademia, and Chiesa della Salute (all only a 15-20 minute walk
Bed and bath linen: Bed and bath linen
included, changed weekly
500 Euros per week
Baby bed: 100 Euros per week
Pets: Not permitted
Late arrival: Upon
request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 8:00pm and
9:30pm for an extra fee of 50 Euros.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is priced in EUROS.
One season all year round
CHECK-IN MAY BE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
Prices below are for up to 4 people. When the sofa bed is
required there is an extra charge of 100 Euros.
EUROS € 1490
EUROS € 1295
EUROS € 1055
EUROS € 775
One month or more
Upon request - please inquire
Plus Euros 35
Please inquire if your group includes more than two children
under 15 years of age
Pets are not permitted at San Giobbe
Not to be missed in Cannaregio:
Church of Santa Maria di Nazareth o dei Carmelitani Scalzi
(Barefoot Carmelites) -
This church was built in 1660 from a design by Baldassarre Longhena.
The grandiose façade was created by Giuseppe Sardi. After an Austrian
bomb exploded on 27 October 1915, the frescoed vault by Tiepolo
collapsed. Today, only a few fragments remain in the Galleries of the
Accademia di Belle Arti. In 1934 the ceiling was replaced, and it was
adorned with a fresco by Ettore Tito. The first chapel of the
right-hand nave has a vault frescoed by G.B.Tiepolo.
Square and Church of San Geremia -
The church houses the relics of Saint Lucy
Palazzo Labia -
This palace was built at the end of the seventeenth century by the
Labias, a family of rich Catalan merchants. The inside is decorated
with frescoes by Tiepolo. It is now headquarters of the Italian State
Church of San Giobbe (1450-70) -
This church has a Renaissance portal by Pietro Lombardo. Inside it is
decorated with the works of Tuscan artists such as Luca della Robbia.
Jewish Ghetto -
The term 'ghetto' derives from the foundries that were found in the
area in which the metal was 'gettato' or smelted. In 1509 it
became the part of the city that was reserved for the Jews. They built
their 'schole' or synagogues here. the first one was the Schola Tedesca
(German Synagogue), which was built in 1528. It was followed by
the Schola Canton and the Schola Italiana. The Schola Spagnola was
rebuilt by Baldassarre Longhena. The German synagogue houses the
museum of Jewish art and contains many fine religious exhibits.
Ca' d'Oro - This house was built by Marino Contarini in 1441,
who used the best stonemasons of his time. It is considered the most
striking example of Venetian Gothic. It has a façade with polychrome
marble molding and certain elements were overlaid with gold, which was
why it was called the ca' d'Oro. The palace at one point became the
property of Baron Giorgio Franchetti who donated it to the State in
1916 and is now a museum, with works by Mantegna, paintings of Tuscan
school and a beautiful collection of Renaissance bronzes.
Oratorio dei Crociferi -
This is a treasure trove of works by Palma il Giovane depicting the
history of the religious order of the Crociferi, which was founded in
the thirteenth century and suppressed in the seventeenth century.
Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli -
Built around 1482 from a design by Pietro Lombardo.